Monday, April 21, 2008

Shoe String Run - Kota Kemuning


Shoe String Run – SRK Kota Kemuning II
Distance : 10 KM
Date : 20th April 2008
Time : 7.00 a.m.

There are 4 categories, i.e. Men Open, Women Open, Girls and Boys for the 10KM run.

In addition, there is a Family Category consist of minimum of 2 family members for a team, and the team members must complete the 3 KM distance together.

On the event day, 20th April 2008

At the SRK Kota Kemuning II, the Starting Line - Picture by Jason Lee.

When I arrived at the venue, it was already 10 minute to seven in the morning, most of the participants were warming up in the school compound lead by the Fitness First’s instructors. The weather was fine with little cloud covering the sky, it would be a hot morning run for the slower runners.

Category A, the Men Open, was flagged off first at around 7.10 a.m. and I lead the pack followed closely by Daniel and a few young Indians men. After a few hundred meters, they overtook me and the gap between me and them became bigger and bigger. I lost sight of them at around 3 KM while we reached McDonald Fast Food Outlet. However there was only one more runner overtook me at this point. Since I could remain at the top ten position after 3 KM , this was a clear indication that the good runners were away at the Chinese Kubur Run or the Olympic Torch Fun Run in KL.



The route is flat and quiet with not much traffic flowing although the roads were not closed. There were at least 2 water stations along the way, I skipped the first one but took a sip at the second station around half way. The terrain was mainly flat and I was quite relaxed and enjoy the run. At the end, although my timing was not really good, I managed to finish at the 7th position which earned me one of the twenty medals offered for the Men Open category but missed the "Hamper". This is one of the best designed medal and it really looks classic and nice!


No cash reward but nice hamper for winners from position 1st to 5th. Good quality designer "Blue" T-shirt for all participants.

Picture by Jason Lee.

No comments: