Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Introduction to My Journey of Running






I was quite active, I mean not quite, when I was young. I swam in a river few times a week, cycled to nearby town miles away few times a year. But running, only when required by the school sport club just weeks before the Sport day.


Although I had not run anything above 5 KM during my school day, I took part in the Half Marathon in KL on the year 1989 and completed the 21 KM race under 2 hours, around 1:50 to be exact. Of course, many hours of training were spent for the preparation. Within the next few years, I took part in 2 more 21 KM races in PJ. The last one was a disaster where I took more than 2 Hr and 10 min to complete the race.


At the end of the 20th century at the age of 40+, I took part in 2 more 21 KM race at veteran category and hoping to do well in these races. Although I did complete the races, I walked almost half the distance !


In the mid of the year 2005, I started again to take part in many shorter distance road races ranging from 5 to 10KM. I started to do quite well (my own defined standard) with more committed trainings. I finished another Half Marathon at Putrajaya (2006) with a sub 2 hour timing, look like I am even fitter compare to my younger day!

No comments: